To battle and treat multiple inflammatory diseases and ailments through the use of stemXcell activated stem cell therapies.
PrimeGen Expands Human Research and Development
- Focus expands to include immune-evasive MSCs
- Develops human adipose MSC platform
- Creates patented stem cell wound healing therapy
- Starts Parkinson’s Disease neural stem cell R&D
- Develops platform for making adult pluripotent stem cells
PrimeGen Makes History
- Creates non-embryonic pluripotent stem cells (PSCs)
- Turned PSCs into beating cardiomyocytes
- Creates human heart, brain, bone and cartilage cells
- Partners with RTI to develop orthopedic cell therapies
Sparks Legislators’ Interest in Cell Therapy
- Presents research at landmark Capitol Hill briefing
- Pioneers non-viral iPSC cell reprogramming
- Studies BMSCs ability to restore spinal cord function
PrimeGen Creates Fertility Preservation Platform
- Creates platform to preserve cancer patient fertility
- Receives licensing approval from state of California for cell manufacturing facility
- Increases focus on treating inflammatory diseases
PrimeGen Focuses on MSC Applications
- Begins allogenic MSC preclinical work for cirrhosis
- Commences research on human kidney applications
Develops Veterinary Cell Therapy Models
- Starts MSC therapy development for pets
- Opens ISO-7 certified facility in California
PrimeGen Introduces VetCell Therapeutics
- Launches VetCell brand to market therapies for pets
Completes Human Cirrhosis Preclinical Study
- Concludes 5 year preclinical study of cirrhosis patients
- Embarks on FDA approval process for veterinary therapies
- FDA grants PrimeGen INADs for canine AD
- Starts clinical trial for treating canine OA with MSCs in Asia
- Initiates canine AD study with Western University
PrimeGen Expands Global Presence
- FDA grants PrimeGen INAD for FCGS
- VetCell begins commercialization in Asia
Prepares for Human Clinical Trials
- Prepares MSC clinical trial for liver cirrhosis in China
- Initiates preclinical liver MSC study with USC
- Initiates recruitment for FCGS clinical trial at UC Davis
Entering Clinical Phases
- Initiates primed MSC clinical trial for liver cirrhosis in China
- Concludes human MSC liver study with USC
- Begins larger animal liver study with USC
- Expands integration of multimodal MSC treatments
- Initiates multi-center clinical trial for FCGS
Gallant Acquires VetCell USA IP
- Gallant acquired VetCell FCGS IP
- PrimeGen sharpens focus on stemXcell platform
- PrimeGen expands clinical models for FDA review
Mr. Tom Yuen
Chairman of the Board, Founder
After decades in the computer and electronics industries, and as a founder of publicly traded companies such as the Fortune 500 computer company AST Research Inc. in the 1980s and 90s and consumer audio giant SRS Labs, Inc. in the early 1990s through the early 2010s, in the early 2000’s Thomas Yuen, a successful serial entrepreneur, embarked on a personal battle with his chronic kidney disease, beginning his long tenure in the exploration and research of stem cells in human therapeutic applications.
PrimeGen Biotech was established in 2002 in Irvine, California, with the aim to advance the domain of stem cell research and applications to improve the quality of life for people suffering from chronic or debilitating diseases.
AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 1986 to present | UC Irvine, California, USA
- Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Outstanding Engineering Alumni Award
- UC Irvine Medal
- UC Irvine Extraordinarius Award
- UC Irvine Foundation Board of Trustees
- UC Irvine Institute for Innovation Founding Board
- 1991 | Beijing, China – Honorary Minzu University professor
- 2012 | TechAmerica, Orange County, California – Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2015 | Providence Speech & Hearing Center, Orange County, California – Board member
Mr. Jim McNiel
Chief Executive Officer, PrimeGen US
Mr. McNiel is a seasoned senior executive with more than 30 years of experience in high technology and private equity. He began his career as a software engineer for Lucasfilm Ltd. And later left engineering to enter marketing and product management at AST Research/Computer. After rising to the role of senior director of advanced products at AST Mr. McNiel moved to New York to start Cheyenne Software. Seven years later Cheyenne was sold to Computer Associates for $1.3 billion in cash. Mr. McNiel then joined Pequot Capital and served as a General Partner and led the firm’s software investment practice for nine years. Working on both coasts Mr. McNiel made investments in Netgear, Netegrity and other successful technology firms.
Mr. McNiel has served as the Chief Marketing Officer for public company NETSCOUT and CEO for FalconStor and Fifth Generation Software. Mr. McNiel has served on more than 20 public and private boards and was a board member and trustee of the Foundation Fighting Blindness and the Clinical Research Institute. Mr. McNiel studied business at the Wharton School and Finance at MIT Sloane and has received multiple awards from FastCompany, Cannes Lions, AdWeek, OneCentre and others.
Mr. McNiel was the creator and executive producer for the critically acclaimed Werner Herzog documentary Lo and Behold: Reveries of the Connected World.
Dr. Raymond Tong M.D., Ph.D., MBA
Chief Executive Officer, Director
Dr. Tong is a medical professional turned seasoned entrepreneur with over 30 years of experience in the healthcare industry across Asia and North America.
After founding a successful chain of twelve medical clinics in Toronto, Dr. Tong returned to Hong Kong in 1988, and spent over ten years in senior management roles with multinational companies in the medical and pharmaceutical industries in Hong Kong and China. Dr. Tong then joined CITIC Pacific Limited in Hong Kong for over nine years and was actively involved with all the Group’s investment projects in the healthcare sector.
In 2009, Dr Tong established his personal investment and consultancy business in the healthcare and manufacturing industries in the Greater China region.
Dr. Yu Fang Shi, Ph.D.
Chief Science Officer, Director
Dr. YuFang Shi is a world-renowned stem cell pioneer and immunologist. In 2020, Shi joined PrimeGen Global’s board of directors, and was appointed as the company’s chief science officer. Dr. Shi brings with him a truly unique understanding of stem cells reinforced by decades of innovation and breakthroughs in the scientific field that align with PrimeGen Global’s mission to find a cure for chronic liver disease and other inflammatory diseases.
Dr. Shi was recently elected to Academia Europaea, the pan-European Academy of Humanities, Letters, Law, and Sciences, in parallel to holding active roles at several major academic institutions including University of Rome Tor Vergata, Medical School of Kunming University of Science and Technology, and Soochow University Institutes for Translational Medicine. Additionally, he is Editor in Chief for Nature’s Cell Death & Disease, a peer-reviewed online journal in the field of translational cell death.
Beyond his vast professional experience, Dr. Shi is also highly decorated and was among the first to be inducted into the Chinese National “Innovative Talents” program, receiving the title of National Distinguished Expert, and has received an Award for Excellence in Translational Stem Cell Research by Chinese Society of Cell Biology, among others.
Steven D. Gershick, CPA CGMA
Chief Financial Officer, Director
Mr. Gershick has substantial, hands-on experience in operations, business planning and corporate finance, debt and equity-based seed, venture, institutional, and PIPE financing. Interfacing between the various levels of the investment community in the U.S. with both private and public companies, Mr. Gershick is well versed in strategic alliance formation and management, mergers & acquisitions, and global technology licensing.
After graduating in Business Administration from California State University in 1977, Mr. Gershick obtained his Certified Public Accountant and Chartered Global Management Accountant accreditations. He joined PrimeGen as COO/CFO from 2004-2008 and has been a member of the Board of Managers and Chief Financial Officer since 2014.
Mr. Gershick has also served as CFO and COO for several private and public companies in technology, biotechnology, and life sciences, including NuRX Pharmaceuticals, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, and led the health services diligence and finance teams for a boutique merchant banking firm, including a USD$100 million Special Purpose Acquisition Company funded by Citigroup.
Director of Research and Manufacturing
Joel Marh has over 20 years of academic and industry experience leading research in mammalian and human developmental stem cell biology, somatic cell reprogramming, and gene-editing techniques in animals and cells. He is an inventor of Primegen’s Key Patents and has been an author of many publications in high-profile scientific journals. Currently, Joel is overseeing both the R&D and Production efforts for PrimeGen.
Prior to joining Primegen, he was the Director of the Mouse Transgenic Facility at the Institute for Biogenesis Research at the University of Hawaii. There he led a group developing novel genome editing tools, protein expression model system in stem cells and mammalian cells, and genetically modified mouse models used for translational research. He has also previously held senior roles at Advanced Cell Technologies, developing and modifying patient-specific human embryonic stem cells for therapies. Before that, he was a member of the mouse cloning team at the Institute for Biogenesis Research at the University of Hawaii.
TOM RAMOS MS, MBA
Director of Marketing
Mr Ramos is a scientist with over 20 years of expertise in combined R&D, process development, and scientific management in the biotechnology industry. Tom’s career has been focused on starting up and growing teams involved in biomanufacturing, product management and clinical trials. Tom has a strong technical foundation in Immunology, Stem Cell Biology, and Cell Therapy. Tom’s business management experience is in marketing, product development, scientific communications, business development, and intellectual property.
The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only. PrimeGen US, Inc. makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this web site, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH ANY WEB SITE.